As I continue to work on my GAME plan, and as final exams approach for my students, I wonder if I can try another new approach to help with NETS-T standard 2a, "design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity." I have anywhere from 15 to 19 students in each of my classes. There are about 20 or so questions that need to be covered as review. So... I will ask each student to take a question, download Jing, and create a screencast. The screencasts can then be viewed by the other members of the class as they prepare for their final exam. What will I need?
Action: Teach students how to use Jing.
Get time in computer lab or have this be an at-home project
See if screencasts can be accessible via internet
Monitor: Meet with individual students to make sure that the problem is done correctly before they start. Have the student talk through the process before they record.
Evaluate: Ask students how they enjoyed creating the screencast, and if it helped them learn
I'll let you know how it goes.
A reflections page for my technology classes throughout the school year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kim,
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting approach to reviewing for finals. I am not familiar with Jing. Have you used the program before? It sounds like it is an audio program. Is there any written supplement for visual learners that they can read/review? Please do let us know how this goes. Best of luck.
Dawn
Can you give some more details about "jing?" I have never heard of it before.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDawn and Richard,
ReplyDeleteJing is a program that allows a person to capture a screen and record information about it. For example, if I wanted to view a web site and critique it, or share information with someone else about it, I would "capture" the screen, and start "talking" and can then send that link to another place.
Since the viewer can "see" what it is I am "talking" about, it would be good for both audio and visual learners. I can see this as a great tool for many different subjects.